Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Today, my school hosted a special Family Day at the Zoo! I was so excited to see all the amazing animals!
First, we headed to a huge bird cage
We saw lots and lots of colorful parrots, but I think my favorite was this beautiful peacock!
Next, we saw this critter....Daddy said they're called capivara, and they live all over Brazil. All I could think was that it looked a little like the Chupacadra on Daddy's t-shirt - hmmmm....One of my favorite stops was to watch these spider monkeys. They were having a great 'ol time because it was time for them to eat!
Um....so....what exactly are you trying to say???
Finally, we arrived at the serious animals - the Lions, Tigers and Jaguars. I don't think we had too much to worry about, because these tigers were taking a snooze, but Mommy kept me close by - just in case!
We wrapped up our outing at one of our go-to yummy restaurants - how's that for One Fine Day? ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Avery, you get cuter by the day! How can that be?? :)